Thursday, November 22, 2012

Thanksgiving 2012

Thanksgiving Day seems to be an appropriate time to update the ole blog.  Here is a quick rundown about the goings on in our lives.

Christy is still working at The Longview Cancer Center and is really doing well.  She loves the challenge that her job presents but also feels like she is participating in a special ministry in the lives of people touched by cancer.  All of the children are growing quickly and increasing in knowledge and stature.  Elisa is now six and turning seven in a couple of months.  Ava is five and a half and is our little miss sassy pants.  Noah is three and continues to remind us of how amazingly spacey three year olds are.  Sometimes I look at him and think, "Is he actually with us?"  Micah is two and is consequentially a complete jerk hole at times but he can also be a complete blast.  All four of them are attending Trinity School of Texas and are blossoming in their respective classes.  We continue to get positive reports from teachers regarding their development academically and socially.  We are paying what seems like an enormous sum of money for them to attend this school but we are also continually blown away by how the small class sizes and individual attention is really fostering their maturing and growth.

My work is going well.  Business in the east Texas oil field is really keeping me and the other guys on our team on our toes.  Professionally I have never grown so much as I have in the past year.  My supervisor is a library of experience but he also is incredibly patient with me as I learn all I can.  Things are looking bright as more and more responsibilities are getting passed to my end of the table.

The rest of our time seems to be spent either at church or running.  Life at Trinity goes on even after a very eventful summer and fall.  The Lord is still working His purposes through that church even though there has been quite a bit of struggle at times.  The entire parish seems to be putting effort into creating sustainable children's and youth ministries and it is so refreshing to see people letting the Holy Spirit do some incredible things.  We have also started a contemporary praise and worship band.  The guys in the band have been really great to work with and lead worship with.  Even though we are all amateurs it seems like God has some use for us.

I am currently in the middle of training for my first marathon at the end of February.  I am shooting for finishing in under four hours.  From what I can gather it seems like finishing is a good goal for one's first marathon and then you can worry about PRs after that.  We will see how it goes.  My longest run so far has been 16.1 miles (2:23).  I felt pretty good at the end but I think I still need some time to get the mileage higher.

Well, that's about it for now.  I know it hasn't been too funny, but I would just like to keep up with this and maybe the funny will come....eventually.

No comments:

Post a Comment