Tuesday, August 30, 2011

A Fantastic Picture and Updates on Running

I guess I should say that I can't really update you on something that I haven't introduced you to. About three months ago my lovely bride, Christy, and I made the joint decision (she kicked my ass into gear) to start working out. Neither one of us were very happy with where we were physically and some tightening up needed to happen. I am not ashamed to say that my lovely Christy was the primary motivating factor behind our recent drive to lose the poundage. This is mainly because I have not had much interest in any sort of exercise routine since you could say I was "burned-out" by all of my dick-wad sports coaches in high school who found immense pleasure in torturing me. But I digress.



We both started running and lifting weights and we have seen combined weight loss of around 40 lbs! Christy worked herself up from barely able to run 1/2 mile to running 3 miles on a daily basis. I have worked my way to running 4.5 miles in about 38 minutes. I have also began to work in interval workouts into my routine which has helped keeping my ankles, knees, etc. from getting worn out. When we started this we agreed that the goal would be to run and finish a 5K race together but beyond that, we just know that we are at a point where working out feels good and we like to do it.



And in the interest of doing this post backwards, I give you the fantastic picture.





No comments:

Post a Comment